The annual neighborhood cleanup is coming! It's time to start cleaning out your garage,
basement, attic or shed. This year's cleanup will once again be held jointly with Sullivan’s
Gulch. Metro continues its restrictions on acceptable items. However, based on last year, there is still plenty of stuff to get rid of in the neighborhood.
When: Saturday, May 12, 2017, 9 am to 2 pm (or when dumpsters full)
Where: Holladay Park Church, NE 21st and Hancock (enter the parking lot from 21st)
How Much: Contribute what you can (no set fees except for possibly specialty items listed below).
Remember donations help support neighborhood projects, charities and events.
- General household debris and waste
- Metals and appliances
- Block styrofoam (must be clean; no packing peanuts) (suggested additional $3 to $5 donation, depending on amount)
- Electronic waste (TVs, computers, monitors, printers, cell phones, etc.) (Suggested additional $5 donation for large items and $2 for small items)
What's NOT Accepted:
- No construction debris, roofing, demolition and remodeling debris (including unpainted lumber, sorry)
- No curbside recycling items (including branches, yard debris or kitchen scraps)
- No hazardous waste (pesticides, batteries, fluorescent lamps)
- No Paint (no aerosol spray, no turpentine, thinners, cleaners, etc.)
The word is still out on the Reuse area ("Things too good to throw away") - Items not claimed will be picked up by Community Warehouse.